Hawthorn and GEL cleared to develop Trouser Legs Joint Venture project

0
309
Image credit: www.hawthornresources.com

Mineral exploration company Hawthorn Resources announced that the Western Australia Department of Mines and Petroleum has given approval to commence development and operation of the Trouser Legs Joint Venture project following the assessment of both the Mining Proposal and the Mine Closure Plan (MCP).

Image credit: www.hawthornresources.com

The Trouser Legs Project area is located 140 kilometres north-east of Kalgoorlie and is centred on the historic Anglo Saxon Mine.  The Trouser Legs – Anglo Saxon project area is also situated 35 kilometres to the east of the Carosue Dam Mill of Saracen Mineral Holdings.

Hawthorn holds 70% interest in the Trouser Legs Joint Venture, while the remaining 30% interest is owned by GEL Resources.

According to Hawthorn, the project proposal and MCP covers mining activities on Mining Lease M 31/78, M 31/113, M 31/84, Miscellaneous License L 31/32, L 31/35, L 31/66 and General Purpose Lease G 31/4.