Legacy Iron set to launch ground magnetic geophysical survey at Mt Bevan Project

Image credit: www.legacyiron.com.au

Perth-based exploration company Legacy Iron Ore Limited announced that its geologists have found sufficient evidence to recommend the commencement of additional exploration work at the Mt Bevan Joint Venture to examine potential nickel/copper mineralisation targets.

Image credit: www.legacyiron.com.au
Image credit: www.legacyiron.com.au

“Encouraged by the strong nickel and copper assays and XRF results reported by St George Mining Limited at the Cathedral/Mount Alexander Prospect, which lies approximately 700 metres north of the joint venture tenement, the joint venture members have agreed to the commencement of a ground magnetic geophysical survey at the Mt Bevan project to assist in developing a detailed geological interpretation and target generation for further follow-up in the northern most part of the tenement,” the company said.

According to the official announcement, a ground magnetic survey, the data acquisition part, is due to commence this week.

“Upon successful ground magnetic survey results, the Joint Venture will follow up with an electromagnetic survey and drilling across the identified priority targets,” Legacy Iron told the ASX on Wednesday.

The Mount Bevan Project comprising Exploration Licences 29/510 and 29/713 is located approximately 100 kilometres west of Leonora in the central Yilgarn region of Western Australia.

Legacy iron acts as a manager of the JV and holds 60% interest in the project, with Hawthorn Resources holding the remaining 40%.